Parent and Child Voice
On this page we link to our blog, where we will be publishing the latest news about the playschool. You can follow the blog
directly by clicking the link below but - for your convenience we display the last 5 posts here. If you have comments to make on our posts,
this can be done by viewing the blog.
Some of our children's comments
- "i like the biggest bike"
- "i like playing on the bikes"
- "i love the bikes - i like the fast motorbike the best"
- "playing with cars and the big builder and the garage"
- "i like painting alot- i like painting houses"
- "i like playing in the mud and climbing on the climbing tree at forest school"
- "i like to play shops where my friend come to buy things"
- "i like going on the 'puter- i like 'the three bears' the best"
- "i like drawing - my favorite colour is pink"
- "i like water play and filling the shapes with waters and colours you know"
Parents comments for questionnaires and thank you cards
- "the staff at playschool provide a good family atmosphere that makes you feel immediately at home"
- "thank you you have made our first experience of education lovely"
- "playgroup has been fantastic want to thank everyone who has helped me and my son"
- "thank you to the playschool staff - your support has meant everything"
- "goodbye playschool we shall miss you"
- "playschool is lovely and we shall miss you all"
- "our family will miss you playschool ladies now the children have gone to school"
- "playschool staff are very helpful"
- "we will still wave at you through the (school) fence"
if you would like to read our blog in full please follow this link
HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY!
Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:12:00 +0000
The children thoroughly enjoyed playing in our last bit of snow. They made snow castles, scooped up snow into barrels, made tractor tracks and snow soup !
As we start our transition work for those going up to school in September 2018 we had a fantastic PE session in the school hall this week. The children were showing off their physical skills with a variety of cartwheels, 'roly polys', hopping, skipping, jumping and even a bit of break dancing!!...great fun! They did very well. Good fun was had by all.
At both settings we were all very busy making Mothering Sunday cards. The children worked really hard to follow the sequence and to 'write' their own name.
'OUR DAY' CLOCK
Please can we have photos for the clock at Playschool ? - TO HELP THE CHILDREN UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF TIME - we put photos around the clock of the different things the children do at different times of day. Photos of them eating meals at home - walking the dog - going to the park or library, brushing teeth and going to bed would all be very welcome.
SNOW CLOSURE - FRIDAY 2ND MARCH 2018
Thu, 01 Mar 2018 18:39:00 +0000
FRIDAY 2ND March
DUE TO HEAVY SNOW AND ICE
BROADWAY FIRST SCHOOLis also closed
LOTS TO CELEBRATE!
Sat, 17 Feb 2018 13:51:00 +0000
This week has been full of activity, we have had the photographer in, made Valentine cards, prepared, made (and eaten) pancakes and celebrated Chinese New Year with display props, screen prints of the Year of the DOG ! and cooked noodles at Forest School and danced to music.
The children have thoroughly enjoyed our new role play area, which was converted by them ( and us by adding props) into a 'vets'. They have been making a variety of animals better and even discussed the pets they have at home.
It was especially lovely for one child whose dad came in to share the making and cooking of pancakes with the group. He was very proud that it was HIS Dad cooking.
The children have worked hard to make their Valentines cards , following instructions and a sequence - also washing hands afterwards!
The children's screen prints of the Chinese New Year of the Dog worked well after a difficult start- the 1st stencil ripped - the staff enjoyed achieving these too.
At our daily circle time when the children are asked 'who has any news?' ,we noticed they are becoming good at describing events.
At the 'Little ones' group on Monday they enjoyed pancakes at snack time. On Wednesday one child watched how the Valentines cards were made then did her own version with many paper hearts stuck to her hand print! They also made Valentine Day banners - so they could really explore hand printing.
HALF TERM NEXT WEEK - BACK ON MONDAY 26TH FEB
WORLD BOOK DAY - THURSDAY 1ST MARCH !
- PICK UP YOUR BOOK VOUCHER IN PLAYSCHOOL
DANCING TO THE BEAT !
Sun, 04 Feb 2018 17:55:00 +0000
At Forest School this week, we built two bug hotel. This is a stack or shelving with things for bugs to live in - such as piles of twigs, pieces of bark - rolled up cardboard, logs etc The children enjoyed helping to make it by sawing up pallets and collecting twigs, sticks and bark for the inside. We also made a label from a piece of wood and string the children found. Jude wrote bug hotel on it in charcoal from the fire (the previous week). There was some singing while we worked !
All the children enjoyed a visit from Kathy from 'Boogie Beat'. They enjoyed singing, dancing, using musical instruments, which made the music fun.
Some of the children have enjoyed large construction outside this week, using crates, tyres and different materials to make a 'fire engine' and on Friday they made a giant seat.
The children have become interested in writing their names outside in chalk. Some write over once staff have scribed their names others are writing independently.PHOTOGRAPHER IN PLAYSCHOOL MONDAY 12TH FEB