Parent and Child Voice
On this page we link to our blog, where we will be publishing the latest news about the playschool. You can follow the blog directly by clicking the link below but - for your convenience we display the last 5 posts here. If you have comments to make on our posts, this can be done by viewing the blog.
Some of our children's comments
- "i like the biggest bike"
- "i like playing on the bikes"
- "i love the bikes - i like the fast motorbike the best"
- "playing with cars and the big builder and the garage"
- "i like painting alot- i like painting houses"
- "i like playing in the mud and climbing on the climbing tree at forest school"
- "i like to play shops where my friend come to buy things"
- "i like going on the 'puter- i like 'the three bears' the best"
- "i like drawing - my favorite colour is pink"
- "i like water play and filling the shapes with waters and colours you know"
Parents comments for questionnaires and thank you cards
- "the staff at playschool provide a good family atmosphere that makes you feel immediately at home"
- "thank you you have made our first experience of education lovely"
- "playgroup has been fantastic want to thank everyone who has helped me and my son"
- "thank you to the playschool staff - your support has meant everything"
- "goodbye playschool we shall miss you"
- "playschool is lovely and we shall miss you all"
- "our family will miss you playschool ladies now the children have gone to school"
- "playschool staff are very helpful"
- "we will still wave at you through the (school) fence"
if you would like to read our blog in full please follow this linkour blog
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !
Fri, 12 Apr 2019 14:34:00 +0000
The children have been very busy this week with all things Easter. From collage on egg shapes, making Easter nests out of melted chocolate, shredded wheat and mini eggs. They have made Easter bunny cards and helped to make an Easter display- finding items in the setting that relate to Easter.
At Forest school we had a real fire and toasted hot cross buns - everyone had a go at holding the bun over the fire on a hazel stick. The Easter bunny had been so a lot of collecting of eggs and counting went on - we found 39 !!! It was lovely to sit in the spring sunshine and enjoy Easter snacks.
At Broadway Playschool the little ones also enjoyed making chocolate nests and collage eggs and having their own egg hunt.
All the staff would like to wish all our families a very happy Easter !
PLAYSCHOOL IS BACK ON MONDAY 29TH APRIL
Mon, 01 Apr 2019 14:46:00 +0000
The children enjoyed listening to and taking part in the story of Goldilocks and the three bears using props from the story sack. The children used mathematical language such as little, middle-sized and big when comparing the sizes of porridge bowls , chairs and beds. The children were able to predict was going to happen next in the story and also retell narratives in the correct sequence drawing on the language pattern of the story.
At Towerview Playschool we discussed how to get all the sand play back outside. The children then did a fab job of moving the sand back outside. They thought about what to do, they swept,dug sand into buckets Carried and then sat back and admired their work.
Mon, 01 Apr 2019 14:38:00 +0000
We have been introducing a nursery rhyme a week - this weeks is 'Tommy Thumb" This week we have been looking at shapes and letters. The children were enjoying looking at the magnetic letters and 3d shapes. Some children transferred their recognition of these in to chalk mark making outside. The younger children accessed the big blocks which were used in tunnel building. They were connecting both the train tracks and the big blocks in their constructions.
The children enjoyed taking part in ring games outdoors,'The farmers in his den', 'Ring o roses' and 'Jack in the box'.The children followed adult instruction, held hands, formed a circle and responded to rhythm and song by means of gesture and movement. The children delighted in being ' Jack in the box ' crouching down quiet and still, then jumping up, when adult said will he come out now, yes he will !
At Forest School the children have really enjoyed tree climbing and digging in the mud kitchen this week.
NEW STAFF FOR SPRING !
Tue, 19 Mar 2019 13:00:00 +0000
Welcome to Annelise our newest member of staff !
She introduced herself using 'Quackers' the puppet on her first day and noticed later that some children found the hand puppets such as bumble bee and dragon and used them imaginatively; recreating sounds of the bee and breathing fire from the dragon. The children engaged in action songs and rhymes most able to listen to and followed instructions and actions.
Great play using the wooden blocks making cars, boats and hovercrafts using the same amount of blocks, just changing the positioning of them. It was great to see a group of children accessing helmets as a safety precaution as their tower of blocks became wobbly as they built it as 'tall as themselves' !
It was lovely to see the children's delight at making cress boxes to take home - they enjoyed sprinkling on the seed and watering - thanks to our lovely volunteer helper who organised this and who helped the children achieve this.