Parent and Child Voice
On this page we link to our blog, where we will be publishing the latest news about the playschool. You can follow the blog directly by clicking the link below but - for your convenience we display the last 5 posts here. If you have comments to make on our posts, this can be done by viewing the blog.
Some of our children's comments
- "i like the biggest bike"
- "i like playing on the bikes"
- "i love the bikes - i like the fast motorbike the best"
- "playing with cars and the big builder and the garage"
- "i like painting alot- i like painting houses"
- "i like playing in the mud and climbing on the climbing tree at forest school"
- "i like to play shops where my friend come to buy things"
- "i like going on the 'puter- i like 'the three bears' the best"
- "i like drawing - my favorite colour is pink"
- "i like water play and filling the shapes with waters and colours you know"
Parents comments for questionnaires and thank you cards
- "the staff at playschool provide a good family atmosphere that makes you feel immediately at home"
- "thank you you have made our first experience of education lovely"
- "playgroup has been fantastic want to thank everyone who has helped me and my son"
- "thank you to the playschool staff - your support has meant everything"
- "goodbye playschool we shall miss you"
- "playschool is lovely and we shall miss you all"
- "our family will miss you playschool ladies now the children have gone to school"
- "playschool staff are very helpful"
- "we will still wave at you through the (school) fence"
if you would like to read our blog in full please follow this linkour blog
questionnaire RESULTS !
Sat, 20 Jul 2019 13:55:00 +0000
Thankyou to all those who returned their questionnaire. We had a 37.5% return.
- Of those all 100% felt happy with our service and didn't feel any changes were necessary.
- One suggested that we should have our Forest School Information evening and meal - and we will be offering this again and that it will hopefully illicit more support next time.
- 20% were recommended Playschool by a friend. 50 % word of mouth and 30 % either 'googled' or saw board outside/ or a poster.
- 94% found the staff 'very helpful' easy to approach with 6% finding them 'helpful'.
- One parent stated how wonderful the slide shows at the end of each term were and also praised the activities the children were offered.
- One parent suggested that we include the question - " is my child happy" and we have added this to the questionnaire for next time.
- 12% said they were "very happy with the wonderful Playschool and the wonderful staff"
Thankyou all for your support - we shall always endeavour to improve our service !
HAPPY SUMMER HOLS !
Sat, 20 Jul 2019 13:40:00 +0000
SPRING TERM 2020
SUMMER TERM 2020
CLEANING OUR ENVIRONMENT - FOREST SCHOOL and much much more !
Mon, 15 Jul 2019 07:15:00 +0000
This years Forest School Trip was a huge success. The children really enjoyed their trip to the Forest and really made full use of all the areas. It was lovely to see the children jumping in the muddy areas and having a good go at everything. We light a fire and toasted crumpets - kindly supplied by one of our families. We also used the Kelly kettle to make hot drinks for staff and we also popped pop corn over the fire. The children were so good at respecting the fire pit area and remembering the rules too. They all sang on the bus on the way home despite being immensely tired !
Great imagination and involvement building a 'museum' outside. Adults supported by inputting ideas as to 'what you might see in a museum' and we talked about things that were worn and used a long long time ago which prompted language such as "this is a olden day wheelbarrow" and "I've got a statue". One child went inside to get "old army clothes" to display. We talked about who works in a museum e.g tour guides, security etc encouraging them to negotiate roles in their play. Some great cooperative play seen.
slide show in Playschool Tues and weds at 2.30 pm
PLAYSCHOOL CLOSES FRIDAY AT 3PM
VOLCANOS AND CLEANING !
Sun, 07 Jul 2019 09:39:00 +0000
The children worked hard to follow the recipe to make the sour dough next step, so that we could make actual sour dough bread on Tuesday. They took turns counting out spoonfulls of flour and weighing it out then sifting it.
Lots of great washing of the toys using sponges and paint brushes happened. There were some very enthusiastic helpers and there are only a few more resources to be washed and packed away for the holidays.
The children at Towerview have been enjoying Christmas role play......in July.......love it!!