Parent and Child Voice
On this page we link to our blog, where we will be publishing the latest news about the playschool. You can follow the blog directly by clicking the link below but - for your convenience we display the last 5 posts here. If you have comments to make on our posts, this can be done by viewing the blog.
Some of our children's comments
- "i like the biggest bike"
- "i like playing on the bikes"
- "i love the bikes - i like the fast motorbike the best"
- "playing with cars and the big builder and the garage"
- "i like painting alot- i like painting houses"
- "i like playing in the mud and climbing on the climbing tree at forest school"
- "i like to play shops where my friend come to buy things"
- "i like going on the 'puter- i like 'the three bears' the best"
- "i like drawing - my favorite colour is pink"
- "i like water play and filling the shapes with waters and colours you know"
Parents comments for questionnaires and thank you cards
- "the staff at playschool provide a good family atmosphere that makes you feel immediately at home"
- "thank you you have made our first experience of education lovely"
- "playgroup has been fantastic want to thank everyone who has helped me and my son"
- "thank you to the playschool staff - your support has meant everything"
- "goodbye playschool we shall miss you"
- "playschool is lovely and we shall miss you all"
- "our family will miss you playschool ladies now the children have gone to school"
- "playschool staff are very helpful"
- "we will still wave at you through the (school) fence"
if you would like to read our blog in full please follow this linkour blog
autumn treasure !
Mon, 07 Oct 2019 13:05:00 +0000
An excellent time was had on the conker and leaf collecting walk - the children listened well to safety instructions before hand and had a wonderful time finding huge shiny conkers. They then made a lovely autumn display in Playschool.
Great counting from the children playing the game of hide and seek. Lots of enjoyment in the sand using the dumper trucks and front end loaders.
Some of the staff Team attended an Early Years Conference in Worcester on Saturday. They had a very enjoyable day - learning and playing!
CHARACTERSITICS OF EFFECT LEARNING Playing and exploring - engagement
busy busy bees !
Sun, 29 Sep 2019 18:35:00 +0000The children have worked as part of a group showing an interest in the way musical instruments sound and the different sounds they make. The children explored how sounds can be changed from loud to quiet and then still. They recognised and repeated sound patterns ie 1234 still, 123 still, tapping their instruments and observing the adults visual instructions.They enjoyed playing their instruments along to familiar songs they chose from memory.
On Friday we had an
AUTUMN HEDGEHOGS !
Fri, 27 Sep 2019 14:44:00 +0000At Towerview - we have had a great week looking at our faces in the mirror, looking at different features and using the resources to make self portraits with different mark making materials such as chalk, pen and pastel.
It's wonderful to see the new children settling in well, knowing the routine of snack time (taking their name off the tower board /helping themselves to plates and cups and pouring their own drink) it's so nice to see their independence and confidence growing.
We have been making bread - measuring and weighing the ingredients - looking a what implements we need - sieve , bowl etc and watching the dough rise - literally grow in the sun! then rolling and snipping the balls to make hedgehog prickles. A few of the children have got hedgehogs in their gardens which is good to hear !
REMINDER - Friday Forest School - all children need their own NAMED welly boots - thankyou
PHHS STUDENT IN SETTING WEEK BEGINNING 30TH SEPT - on work experience
WELCOME TO THE AUTUMN TERM !
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:23:00 +0000
Welcome back to all our older littles ones and a big welcome to our new ones!
Broadway Horticulture show - we won the cup again ! for our painted stones animals- well done everyone !
CHARACTERISTICS OF EFFECTIVE LEARNING seen this week
-Playing and exploring - engagement =
Finding out and exploring - Playing with what they know -Beingwilling to 'have a go'
we are seeing all these solid characteristics in the children's play as they settle into Playschool. All good foundations for competent learners.