Parent and Child Voice
On this page we link to our blog, where we will be publishing the latest news about the playschool. You can follow the blog directly by clicking the link below but - for your convenience we display the last 5 posts here. If you have comments to make on our posts, this can be done by viewing the blog.
Some of our children's comments
- "i like the biggest bike"
- "i like playing on the bikes"
- "i love the bikes - i like the fast motorbike the best"
- "playing with cars and the big builder and the garage"
- "i like painting alot- i like painting houses"
- "i like playing in the mud and climbing on the climbing tree at forest school"
- "i like to play shops where my friend come to buy things"
- "i like going on the 'puter- i like 'the three bears' the best"
- "i like drawing - my favorite colour is pink"
- "i like water play and filling the shapes with waters and colours you know"
Parents comments for questionnaires and thank you cards
- "the staff at playschool provide a good family atmosphere that makes you feel immediately at home"
- "thank you you have made our first experience of education lovely"
- "playgroup has been fantastic want to thank everyone who has helped me and my son"
- "thank you to the playschool staff - your support has meant everything"
- "goodbye playschool we shall miss you"
- "playschool is lovely and we shall miss you all"
- "our family will miss you playschool ladies now the children have gone to school"
- "playschool staff are very helpful"
- "we will still wave at you through the (school) fence"
if you would like to read our blog in full please follow this linkour blog
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:13:00 +0000
end of term this Friday - back Wednesday 5th Sept 2018
good luck to all our 'leavers' &
HAPPY SUMMER HOLIDAYS !
HEAT WAVE !
Mon, 02 Jul 2018 13:06:00 +0000
SANDFORD FOREST SCHOOL TRIP
Mon, 02 Jul 2018 12:58:00 +0000
What a wonderful day we had !
Emma who owns the farm made us very welcome and the children responded very well to the safety talk.
We all went into the forest school wood where we saw the different areas and went to base camp - after a forest fire and crumpets and milk and fruit snack time everyone went off to explore the forest.
The staff were strategically spaced so that they could watch and support but allow the children freedom to explore.
We had den exploring, rope challenge, swinging on tyre swings climbing hillocks , sliding down , balancing along tree trunks, playing in the mud kitchen and wallowing in the mud pits. children collected water, built shelters and explored the wild areas.
We had a picnic lunch together after the muddy children had been hosed down !
and toasted marshmallows on the fire after whittling hazel sticks.
It was a lovely lovely day enjoyed by children and staff - with some tired children on the coach on the way home !
BROADWAY ARTS FESTIVAL
Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:17:00 +0000
This week as part of the Broadway Arts festival we were lucky enough to have a visit from John Kirk the Story teller - he was amazing …...the children had such a lovely time. He performed 'The Gingerbread Man' and 'The Three Little Pigs' and everyone took part.
One day we enjoyed a walk to the local shop to buy fruit and then we all helped to make a fruit salad the following day. The children all cut up a variety of fruit and showed good control and it was delicious !
At Broadway Playschool the younger children have really enjoyed playing outside all together and spending time playing in the water.We are all enjoying having the visiting student back and the warm weather has allowed us to have snack time outside with the two year olds. They have also enjoyed the play dough this week.
At Towerview much fun has been had with the castle and figures, this week, self selecting the equipment and lots of imaginative play seen and extended language heard.
At Forest school this week we explored the bugs and some of the children made a bug hotel with a swimming pool. The building at the back of the forest school area is complete and we are now able to hear and see the birds.
WE HAVE BEEN ASKED NOT TO USE THE SCHOOL CAR PARK AS IT IS FOR SCHOOL STAFF ONLY - thankyou for your cooperation.